This page is designed to help you ensure your submission is ready for and fits the scope of the journal.
Before submitting you should read over the guidelines here, then register an account (or login if you have an existing account).
About Wales Journal of Education
The Wales Journal of Education aims to play a key role in further supporting and developing the educational research base in Wales, by providing a venue for a range of high-quality submissions reflecting the diverse nature of educational research methods and methodologies. The Journal is published under two strands: Academic and Practitioner. In the Academic context, we welcome local and international research that provides insights into shaping current and future education policy and practice in Wales. Furthermore, the focus of the journal is not just on schools and compulsory-level education; we very much welcome educational research on issues that affect the entire life course, from early years through to post-compulsory education, training and lifelong learning.
The Practitioner strand features contributions from practitioners engaged in research and inquiry across the various dimensions of educational practice. Although the emphasis of this strand of the journal is focused on practicing educators such as teachers and school leaders, we also invite submissions from individuals across various disciplines, levels, and educational organisations who undertake high-quality educational research and inquiry.
Published by the University of Wales Press with the support of Welsh Government, the Wales Journal of Education is a platinum Open Access journal, free of charge, bilingual and available to read in digital format for anyone, anywhere in the world, with no author-facing charges.
I confirm that this submission:
- has been fully anonymised throughout, including direct references to your own work in the body of the paper
- is not currently under consideration for any other journal or peer-reviewed publication venue
- any images from a third-party have been cleared for publication in an Open Access journal, under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 licence
- if a significant amount of text from a third-party is used, or a table is directly reproduced from a third-party, permission has been cleared for publication in an Open Access journal, under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 licence
- any images are supplied in high-resolution (ideally 300dpi), with any images including text or diagram shapes being supplied in editable versions
- any graphs are supplied with original Excel data
The acceptance of all submissions will be subject to satisfactory double blind peer review. The decision of the editorial team is final.
Wales Journal of Education allows the following licences for submission:
- CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 - More Information
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes. NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The Wales Journal of Education is a platinum Open Access journal with no author-facing charges.
This journal operates a double-blind peer review policy.
Wales Journal of Education publishes two issues each year, in spring and autumn. There are also shorter, practitioner-led articles published throughout the year on a rolling basis.